Question: anodizing wheels?

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
Ok heres what I have, a set of kmc badlands with the Knight chrome finish. The midwest winters, have not been to kind to them, anyways I am thinking about having them anodized black, how do you think that will look and hold up?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Black anodize is a hard coating and has good corrosion resistance, it's the thickest of the anodizing. However, no idea what salt would do to them, I'd guess they would do well.

Mike_S

OOPS!
Nov 18, 2009
Idaho
The problem that i see is that anodizing fades rather easily, and that black would turn a dark purple. I agree with frankenmax, id go for the powdercoating. :thumb:

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
thats what i had planned on doing for the anodizing, i hadnt thought about the anodizing fading. I was just thinkin of something different.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Powder, especially a common color like gloss black, will run you about $50 per wheel.

Sent from my iPhone.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ok heres what I have, a set of kmc badlands with the Knight chrome finish. The midwest winters, have not been to kind to them, anyways I am thinking about having them anodized black, how do you think that will look and hold up?

the anodizing fades bad on wheels. my walker evans beadlock wheel rings were anodized black and after a year were faded purple. they help up great in the salt/snow though. wound up having them powdercoated black and they look like day one when i picked them up from powder after three years now