Allison 5sp Help Advise

jhall30

Oct 6, 2011
NC
Ok .....I just picked up a ecsb4x4 and the trans was out of it...literally and in the back of the bed
when I spoke to the guy that had it he told me that the trans had a problem...said that when the truck warmed up to operating temp that it would just quit pulling at all ?...so in between taking the trans out he got a new truck and didn't finish this one....I think it's almost impossible to find out what exactly is wrong with it unless it's in the truck and hooked up right?
just trying to figure out what to do next....it's a lot of work on your back putting that tranny in there just to find out something is in fact wrong with it
Is there a company that has the ability to "bench test" the ally and could tell if it had any problems?
thanks for the help

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Ok .....I just picked up a ecsb4x4 and the trans was out of it...literally and in the back of the bed
when I spoke to the guy that had it he told me that the trans had a problem...said that when the truck warmed up to operating temp that it would just quit pulling at all ?...so in between taking the trans out he got a new truck and didn't finish this one....I think it's almost impossible to find out what exactly is wrong with it unless it's in the truck and hooked up right?
just trying to figure out what to do next....it's a lot of work on your back putting that tranny in there just to find out something is in fact wrong with it
Is there a company that has the ability to "bench test" the ally and could tell if it had any problems?
thanks for the help

No company will dyno the trans and if they did; there is no guarantee it will work properly even if it tested good.

jkholder09

Jan 8, 2012
Maryland
If someone with good knowledge took it apart there is a good chance they may find the issue.
I would definately have the tc checked as well.

ironmax

chock full of goodies
Jul 7, 2010
Col. Ohio
buy a book from mike l and tear it open. could just be a seal. sounds like a learning experience to me. maybe try pulling codes, if any are available. good luck
Posted via Mobile Device