air intake preference

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Just looking for opinions on which air intake to run with my setup? I have 2 new intake systems and not sure which one to use? One of them is an injen and looks pretty clean but not sure @ all about pros and cons? I also have an air raid system and have had good luck with them in the past. What can anyone tell me about injen air intakes?

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Wow this is interesting. I haven't had problems with air raids before? Have you seen a lot of problems with the air raids? This is good to know if they are poor filters.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Wow this is interesting. I haven't had problems with air raids before? Have you seen a lot of problems with the air raids? This is good to know if they are poor filters.

I have seen it on three trucks. One I just worked on recently had the leading edge of the stock turbo blasted enough it had lost near 1/4" of tip. On my personal truck that was the first intake kit that I had. It was a LB7 and the leading edge of that turbo blade was pitted from debris that had gotten through the filter. I really like S&B products mainly because they are economical in cost and have done a great job of filtering the air in my experiences.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I run a big airaid 6" inlet filter that i adapted the 5" - 6" intake on my s472 kit for. My first impressions of looking at the filter was that it looked great to me. I live in a new construction area and there is constantly tons of dust blowing around, ive had that filter fairly plugged up. Pull it off and wipe the inside of the pipe with your finger and its clean as a whistle. Took the intake off and the compressor is also clean as a whistle. It is an oiled filter tho...I personally like oiled filters better than dry filters. I have zero complaints with my airaid filter. Im not sure what the part number is but I believe it is a filter from an airaid intake for a 6.4 power stroke. Seeing is believe for me...if I see signs that the filter is not up to par, I will switch. But as of now, I am content with it.

Compressor after several months with the airaid filter. Clean as a whistle.