LB7: Air dog Fp 150 lift pump

Jakekk1

Aug 23, 2018
I’ve been having issues with the lift pump on my truck I just put new injectors and fpr on the truck. It’s got a 60 hp tune in it and it keeps throwing the 0089 code for higher fuel psi. I have cut two coils off the return spring and it seemed to work for a little while. And now whenever it decelerates it doesn’t drop pressure it seems to build pressure up to about 10000 psi then it drops slowly but I think that is what’s throwing the code. I have also unplugged the lift pump and it runs perfectly. Should I just keep cutting at the spring. Oh and when ever I call airdog they say it’s normal. Plz help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
I’ve been having issues with the lift pump on my truck I just put new injectors and fpr on the truck. It’s got a 60 hp tune in it and it keeps throwing the 0089 code for higher fuel psi. I have cut two coils off the return spring and it seemed to work for a little while. And now whenever it decelerates it doesn’t drop pressure it seems to build pressure up to about 10000 psi then it drops slowly but I think that is what’s throwing the code. I have also unplugged the lift pump and it runs perfectly. Should I just keep cutting at the spring. Oh and when ever I call airdog they say it’s normal. Plz help.

Is this a 4g pump or the older style pump.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
^^ 2x

More then 10 psi seems to create hith pressure at idle which could cause looping in some

My LB7 required some tune tweaks to the pressure regulator to help drop the idle PSI down after running higher when I had it more them 10 PSI

Jakekk1

Aug 23, 2018
^^ 2x

More then 10 psi seems to create hith pressure at idle which could cause looping in some

My LB7 required some tune tweaks to the pressure regulator to help drop the idle PSI down after running higher when I had it more them 10 PSI

Like de fueling? Or adding fuel? I’m newer to the diesel world.