Aftermarket subs and amp?!

mybowtie

Duramax named Cheyanne!!
Jun 7, 2011
winnemucca
How hard is it to hook up a aftermarket sub and amp to my stock sterio? aint pulled it from the dash yet I`m kinda waitin` ti`ll I get the set up im fixin to get first!!! Im hopin not to hard!!!!!!!!!
:confused::)

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Line out Converters are the best invention ever!! besure to get a higher quality one though cheapo's seems to have a lot of feedback at times and also register every noise including the laser in you cd player moving around!

Jasondt2001

May 3, 2008
Salinas, Ca
I just put in a kicker 10" and amp today in the work truck (07 KC Silverado).
I'm waiting for my new deck to come, but, i couldn't wait any longer on the subwoofer hooked up.

1. What I did was run the 8 gauge wire from the lil red box under the hood.
2. Ground from the large stud in that attaches the seatbelt bracket in the middle of the seat.
3. Needed a 'remote' hookup (12 volt source telling the amp to start up. (ok, this is GHETTO, but works)... got a 12 volt cigarette lighter receptacle and just used the hot lead. I just wait for the radio to come on, play through the speakers and then plug in the remote to signal the amp to turn on.
4. Used the rear left high level speaker (my amp WILL accept a high level input source directly to it) (PLUS, use the rear left speaker, or if your regular cab the front RIGHT speaker... The reason for this is the FRONT LEFT Speaker is the door chime, warning chime output. So if you ran that through the amp/sub it'd not only be annoying, but, loud as hell and could damage something :spit:).

So far, It's an UNBELIEVABLE DIFFERENCE. I should have done this YEARS ago. I was SOO happy with the BOSE system in my dually, even with a 'entry level' 10" kicker it absolutely hammers compared to the bose system, no comparison.

I'm trying to take some pictures of the install, there's not alot of information for the King Cab guys about installing subs/amps. I'm by no means, a pro, and if it wasn't a work truck the company will sell real soon the install would have been alot cleaner :thumb:

nodakbassmaster

Apr 20, 2012
Rapid City, SD
Pac-Audio has an adapter that plugs inline with the back or your factory deck to provide RCA outs for an amp and a remote wire. No cutting or splicing required:

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=366&CategoryID=28

I have one on the way for the same purpose. Gotta get my 12" JL W6 hooked up, but wanna keep the factory deck.

(Yes I know this thread is getting dated, but might help some others out looking to do the same thing :thumb:)

Last edited: