aftermarket head unit and steering wheel buttons?

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I did and got the aftermarket module as well. Luckily the module was cheap because it doesn't work the greatest. Sometimes it selects the wrong button.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
I did and got the aftermarket module as well. Luckily the module was cheap because it doesn't work the greatest. Sometimes it selects the wrong button.

I had the same on my LBZ and was having trouble with the buttons not working all the time took it back and they checked it it had a bad wire or something they fixed it free and quick. was also told that the module can go bad sometimes

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I had the same on my LBZ and was having trouble with the buttons not working all the time took it back and they checked it it had a bad wire or something they fixed it free and quick. was also told that the module can go bad sometimes

I took the truck back three times within the two weeks that car toys had installed it. Finally got a different guy and he seemed to have gotten it better. I noticed the last time he left the truck running when he programmed the buttons,so dunno if that has to do with.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
I took the truck back three times within the two weeks that car toys had installed it. Finally got a different guy and he seemed to have gotten it better. I noticed the last time he left the truck running when he programmed the buttons,so dunno if that has to do with.

yeah mine went crazy and you would hit a bump and the volume would start going up on its own i would have to shut the radio off then they fixed it

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
I used an "Axxess" interface to connect my Kenwood DNX6980 to my 03. It has adjustable chime volumes :thumb::D:thumb::D (super low) and retained OnStar for the bush 911 just in case I'm going to die.

The Axxess ASWC plugs directly into their interface and is plug and play. It recognizes the vehicle and head unit and configures itself. It is also USB upgradable AND not expensive.

Everything works great; source, volume, seek, etc. Only thing is you need to double click it (hit volume up twice) each time you start the truck but its no big deal.