after trango jr install questions

Fluffycracker

Nov 19, 2013
804 Virginia
ive been searching and have not found a answer
so maybe over thinking some but im looking for some input

a mechanic buddy and myself did my install last week. I made sure everything was clean and done right. did a quick relearn and everything was great and it shifted clean and crisp and couldn't even feel it shift. now a few days later it seems to shift like it did before. that being said there are no clunks during shifts or down shifts

it seems my transmission temps run higher also driving empty at 50 degrees one night stop and go lights for about an 40 mins my temp was about 160
fluid level at that 130-160 temp is quarter past the first hot hash mark

put 12 quarts of transynd in after install

went ahead since I had my internal filter off changed that and of course put a new spin on filter on

so my questions are :

do the shifts stay the same as they do before no transgo jr?

is there some way I have too much fluid or not enough?

and I already had efi live so if I installed transgo would the tunes need to be updated?

thanks in advance

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Transgo jr should shift pretty close to stock until you hit the throttle hard and the check balls start leaking mainline pressure into control main pressure. This design fools the TCM into not learning the pressure down. It will not raise temps.
You may have too much fluid in the pan. Fluid should be checked at 175F ( if possible ) and the level should be no higher than the middle of the hot hash mark.
Tunes need not be changed with this kit.

Fluffycracker

Nov 19, 2013
804 Virginia
Thanks Mike. it was 150-160 when I checked and it was 25% up the hash. I will try to get it to 175 to check again
im the only one around here that has transgo jr so I was making sure the shifts were right