750+ RWHP on stock engine formula?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I think we are ready to test this finally.

Seems after last night, we can probably run a Dmax over 750 rwhp with no extra risk to the rods or pistons from 500rwhp.

It will take a PPE Dual Fueler, PPE GT42 Magnum, Special trans and engine tuning.

We can keep the torque down to below 500rwhp tune level, yet still go nuts with the horsepower. This is high 10 second stuff for 6500lb trucks, not a dyno queen setup.

It will be risky at first, so I will cut anyone who wants to play a special deal:

$6600:

PPE GT42 Magnum
PPE Dual Fueler
Custom McRat ECM and TCM tuning

The charger is guaranteed a year, as is the Dual Fueler.

But there is NO guarantee you won't break the engine. Too many variables. So you will just have to trust my data and testing.

We had already run over 650rwhp with no apparent problems, but when we pushed it past 750, we bent rods. Now with a different boost curve and tuning, I think we are ready for the next level.

Yes, you will need:

Lift pump
4" exhaust
Built transmission
and other support mods.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Casper currently has ported heads, but stock cam.

From earlier testing, the heads are not absolutely necessary, since we ran with stock heads also at this power level.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I would not suggest more than 500-600rwhp for a daily driver, since the engine is just one piece of the puzzle. As power goes up, lifespan of the entire driveline goes down.

By the time you get to 750rwhp, your downtime from service is perhaps a bit high unless you have other transportation.

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
Very cool Pat! The Guy who jumps will have one quick truck. How is Mick doing with stock internals after 5 hrs on the dyno at 700 HP +/-?

Anybody heard? This could contribute to this testing no?

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
Cool. I thought Mick and Mike might be able to contribute to the research sounds like they are with you (in the 700+ neighborhood) on stock guts.

Regardless good luck to all. This is good for the DMAX community. :D

chevmike

WI Salad
Apr 29, 2007
Green Bay, WI
Very tempting indeed. Trans is going in this spring.....Maybe this type of setup next spring??? Thats a hell of a price. About $1,300.00 off list price plus you get the tune for your ecm and tcm.

Last edited:

2500HeavyDuty

Book 'em, Danno!
Feb 14, 2008
Katy, Tx
www.myspace.com
Sounds like it would work just fine...i couldn't sleep at all one night thinking about something very similar to this. i wish my dmax wasn't my ride to and from work or i would sell my jetski to try it out:driving:

:popcorn: who's gonna try it out.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I need to check some stuff for LBZ/LMM's first.

Big problem is a certain percent of the trucks have weak pistons from the factory, and you'll never know if yours does.

Not trying to scare anyone, just stating facts.

Pat, are there certain models of the LBZ that came out with the crappy pistons or is just totally random? Are these identifiable by OS or cast number or something?? Or are is it a test and see if it holds thing??

Killerbee

Got Honey?
We had already run over 650rwhp with no apparent problems, but when we pushed it past 750, we bent rods. Now with a different boost curve and tuning, I think we are ready for the next level.

can you perhaps describe the mixture of parameters, that is how the recipe has changed from prior evolutions, based on what you have learned?

Generalities is what i am after, no trade secrets.