66mm turbos -- give me some ideas

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Need a list of decent 66mm (2.6") chargers, BESIDES Danville and Fleece Cheetahs.

Before you ask, no its not for my truck. If I do anything, I'll twin the stocker first.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Also, curious about install kits, too.

Which one is the best bang for the buck? PPE?

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah

Give me a call Tom , either for the whole shabang or for install kit , I have all the parts on the shelf now and several different turbo choices , including full 5" intakes !

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008

i have a pedestal from e.d. its a cast one and fit perfect. i wouldnt buy a ppe install kit. they suck. we have put 2 on around here and they never fit half way right. save your money and piece together a kit before you waste it on a kit that will piss you off whne installing.

White Duramax

Jun 25, 2008
ohio
I have a HX55 holset that is 65x98mm compressor wheel. 1.0 t4 housing, ran it on a BD pedestal with adapter. Made good power and daily drove great.

CrazyDaze

800+HP Build!!
Apr 6, 2009
Auburn Hills, MI
Need a list of decent 66mm (2.6") chargers, BESIDES Danville and Fleece Cheetahs.

Before you ask, no its not for my truck. If I do anything, I'll twin the stocker first.

Thanks for getting started on this for me Tom! :thumb:

Give me a call Tom , either for the whole shabang or for install kit , I have all the parts on the shelf now and several different turbo choices , including full 5" intakes !

Trent...I contacted Bullseye with what I was looking for and they sent me back a reply suggesting a CompR 66 T4 .91 turbo with a race cover. Are you familiar with this turbo? I'm looking for 40-50 pounds of boost from it. Do you have an install kit for it?

I'm building an LB7 for pulling. Want somewhere between 700-750 rwhp. I have a lot planned for the engine so it can handle that. My main concern right now is air, exhaust, fueling, and keeping it at a 2.6 class truck.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Thanks for getting started on this for me Tom! :thumb:

Trent...I contacted Bullseye with what I was looking for and they sent me back a reply suggesting a CompR 66 T4 .91 turbo with a race cover. Are you familiar with this turbo? I'm looking for 40-50 pounds of boost from it. Do you have an install kit for it?

I'm building an LB7 for pulling. Want somewhere between 700-750 rwhp. I have a lot planned for the engine so it can handle that. My main concern right now is air, exhaust, fueling, and keeping it at a 2.6 class truck.

Give me a shout i have a install kit for it , but not positive its the right turbo for your HP level desired , but would need some info on what the spec'd out on the comp side , just because its a 66mm doesn't mean its an "of the shelf" unit , could be custom machined .

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
I have the bullseye 366 with race cover and htt 16ss housing . last time i dyno'd it was 658 1190 .

CrazyDaze

800+HP Build!!
Apr 6, 2009
Auburn Hills, MI
Give me a shout i have a install kit for it , but not positive its the right turbo for your HP level desired , but would need some info on what the spec'd out on the comp side , just because its a 66mm doesn't mean its an "of the shelf" unit , could be custom machined .

Trent...is your contact number the one on your site? I'm wicked serious about being at that HP level!

I have the bullseye 366 with race cover and htt 16ss housing . last time i dyno'd it was 658 1190 .

I'm taking that was on stock injectors, and engine with good tuning. I'm planning a little more and hoping this turbo paired with some good injectors and enough pressure to feed them is gonna get me there.

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
running 60 over extrude hone injectors . the local dyno is known to be very conservative. the dyno owner told me most will dyno 50 -75 more on load style verses his inertia dynojet 248 . tuning was not set to max effort