6" lift on 35s with x14 wheels?

smsmitty

Dec 9, 2013
ohio
anyone running 35s on 14" wide wheels with a 6 inch classic body silvy or sierra? wanting to knnow if they will rub before i pull the trigger on some new wheels thnks!

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Dood

Do it:thumb:

Pay very close attention to your rim specs and tire width, ie back spacing/et and drive type ie where the hub mounts, usually designated by RWD mid mount or FWD I think, but I'm guessing you're trying to stretch a 12.5 a bit? I have no idea what the rim specs should be for that wide of a rim, but I'm running a 285/75/18 which is a 35" tall tire x 11.65 wide on a 10" wide wheel with a 4.5" BS and +12et and I'm fine on a 4" lift

On a 6" you should be just fine with a 14" wide wheel running a 35x12.5, so long as the tire is stretched some it should work, if you were trying to go for the "mudder" look with a blocky or balloon tire profile I'd say you're nukin futz though....

I want...

No.

I demand pics when you finally decide to pull the trigger, please pull the trigger as I think this will look killer :angel:

Last edited:

Dallas S

Jun 17, 2009
Alberta
I'm running 37x13.5 on 20x12 -44 offset on 6" lift(cv's flat) and bushwacker cutouts. No chance of turning. Rubs so much it won't turn very sharp. I was going to do -76 but am glad I didn't. Even at this I will be going up atleast 2" :(

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I'm running 37x13.5 on 20x12 -44 offset on 6" lift(cv's flat) and bushwacker cutouts. No chance of turning. Rubs so much it won't turn very sharp. I was going to do -76 but am glad I didn't. Even at this I will be going up atleast 2" :(

What have you trimmed already, and what is it contacting still...

I think OP would have a much better chance not rubbing, 1st the tire is shorter and that makes a huge difference, 2nd his rim is 2" wider than the tire he is going to run(I think) this should essentially pull the corners of the tires more "out of the way" so to speak and will also somewhat change the overall diameter of the tire, once the tire is mounted the stretch will make it less tall, if that makes sense, so really the biggest issue for him will be deciding on back spacing and off set, he'll want the outside tire tread edge to be w/in an in or so of being plumb or vertical of the fender flare edge (did you follow that) then just enough poke to barely clear the front corner of the metal in the lower bumper edge of the front bumper and trim the edge of the plastic valance at a 45* angle

I don't know how to really break it down into words, but I've trimmed the biggest tires into fitting before and it just takes some time and patience and well, a little skill and it's hard to tell anything has been trimmed at all...planning the wheel and tire combo out only makes it easier:thumb:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
im running 37.13.50 on 22x10 with no lift just leveledand had to do some trimming but i dont like fender gap at all

:thumb:

I like the way this man thinks:D

Although I bet your c/v angles don't look so good, but those tires/wheels would be sweet on a 4" lift, even though it gets lifted you'd probably still have to trim a bit, I did, just cuz the track width got bumped out a bit, but I'm rockin 35' on a 4" lift on wheels with a decent lip and all my angles are premo :woott:

Dallas S

Jun 17, 2009
Alberta
All depends on back space and what your defection of rubbing is. I leave tucking big tires with low belly to my crawler.

I have the pinch seam hammered back, and 2" kick back bullet proof flares. Ironcross front bumper so no trimming there. Tire gets pushed into fire wall hard, hard to turn the steering wheel it hits so hard. This is beyond rubbing as far a I'm conserned. For what it's worth I had 39.5x13.5 on 17x9 with 4.5" bs and 7" lift. Stock fender flares, slight inner fender trimming, stock pinch seam. Offset/backspace play a huge roll.

dirtyduramax05

4 doors for more whores
Nov 23, 2013
myrtle beach sc
im not worried about cvs and yeah the are at an angle ill take some pics but hey this truck dont see 4 wheel drive un less im at the track and i turn them down when i go and run smaller tires

zach_carver

Jan 27, 2013
NORTH GA
im running that exact setup with diff keys up front. clears just fine. have to find a good wheel tire shop to mount though. i did mine myself and they was tough had cheetas and everything also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk