6 Disc Changer in an 03'.

poweredmotives

Nov 15, 2010
Colorado Springs
My truck has the bose stereo. I was wondering what the newest stereo is that would work in it is. I know about having it flashed at the $tealership and all already. I like the 08'+ ones but don't know if they will work. Anyone know?

heymccall

Aug 24, 2009
My truck has the bose stereo. I was wondering what the newest stereo is that would work in it is. I know about having it flashed at the $tealership and all already. I like the 08'+ ones but don't know if they will work. Anyone know?

'03-'07 full size GM. They all perform the same. What are you trying to achieve?

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
the reprogram process isnt something to take lightly... the dealer fried my ecm trying to reprogram the radio and before any of that even happened they wouldn't guarantee that the radio would ever work in my truck

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Reprogramming a radio is simple for a tech to do, unless, of course, you go to Beech's dealer.

stacks04

Nov 16, 2007
Terryville,Ct
the reprogram process isnt something to take lightly... the dealer fried my ecm trying to reprogram the radio and before any of that even happened they wouldn't guarantee that the radio would ever work in my truck

Wow, what in the hell did they do in the ecm in the first place. I bet they were doing an update to the ecm that they did not tell you. You dont go into any module but the radio to do this.

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
Wow, what in the hell did they do in the ecm in the first place. I bet they were doing an update to the ecm that they did not tell you. You dont go into any module but the radio to do this.

i dunno...its possible i suppose but the tech (a friend of mine) knew not to re flash it as i told him this due to the tuner i had on it at the time