6.4 vs 6.6

Nov 18, 2009
Jacksonville,FL
I got killed. Me and a buddy had been planning this race for a few weeks and were finally able to get together to run them.

6.4 had stock wheels 35" Nitto Terras and an H&S 275 Tune Traction Bars.

My truck has 20"xd Revolvers with 305/55/20 Falkens Idaho Rob Max Effort tune, Traction bars. Both trucks 4x4

We raced Twice from a dig. First time we both left hard and stayed door to door until around 70 or so and he pulled ahead by a couple feet and never gained anymore.

Second time I got the jump but shifting into fourth gear mine hesitated and didn't want to shift, and he blew by me when that happened.

Man I was dissapointed, I didn't think I'd get outran on a 275 tune, seeing as how I raced a spartan 250 tune 6.4 and were door to door on my 475 low cyl pressure tune, and then I turned it up to my 530 tune by Nick and smoked him.

We would have a nice video but my friend is a jackass and was videoing out the windshield of the ford.... You can't see anything. Makes me want to run My other Max effort tune, by Nick and see how it fares.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
The fords can cut high 12's with a big tune. It should have been neck to neck if your tune was making that much power to the wheels

boosted4life

Apr 11, 2012
Yea i railed a 6.4 with bigger twins and sct live wire, he was putting down 685whp and 1350ft lb, all i have is a fat Idaho Rob tune, lift pump and built Trans

carter_44

May 11, 2010
AZ
Yea i railed a 6.4 with bigger twins and sct live wire, he was putting down 685whp and 1350ft lb, all i have is a fat Idaho Rob tune, lift pump and built Trans

Bullshit...unless the guy can't drive. Your putting about 500 to the wheels. Even with the weight difference you don't stand a chance.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Are you sure he was running the 275 on the H&S? They are shift on the fly, and its free to download the 300 HD tunes from them after you buy the tuner IIRC. And usually the H&S tunes put down a tad less power compared to an "equal" Spartan tune. Ive heard the Kem tunes run good too, and they're only a few hundred to buy (comes with a 345).

How hot does your pyro get? Just ask Rob for more fuel!!!

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Did you log it? if it didn't want to shift sounds like rail PSI isnt holding. either new CP3 or tweek the tuning to get the most out of it.
There is a reason you can log it and send it to him.