500 miles from home, 1% ff life left

White Knight

Jul 20, 2009
Thompson,MB.
I had to take a quick trip not realizing I had only a few percent on my fuel filter life left. I am now down to 1 % left. Will I be okay? I will probably put about 600 miles on before I get home. I always change my own filters and don’t feel like paying $100 plus/ hr to have it changed. Will it cause a limp mode or worse?

White Knight

Jul 20, 2009
Thompson,MB.
Do you know of anyone who had to go awhile after change filter message came up? I always fuel at high volume places, hopefully a little better fuel than at some of the smaller, out of the way places.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I have a friend who would run his truck until it wouldn’t hardly run because the fuel filter would be that plugged. He’s an idiot but got away with it for years somehow.

He put 50K miles on one of his fuel Filter’s. You will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Damn 50k? I have had my cat filter plug up enought to affect power with only 30k twice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Like I said. He’s an idiot. Nice guy don’t get me wrong, but just refuses to spend money on maintenance and stuff.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Yeah, it is the restriction that will cause it to limp not the fuel filter %. Though, restriction will cause the precent to drop rapidly. If it is running fine change it when convenient for you after getting home

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
I have a friend who would run his truck until it wouldn’t hardly run because the fuel filter would be that plugged. He’s an idiot but got away with it for years somehow.

He put 50K miles on one of his fuel Filter’s. You will be fine.

Like I said. He’s an idiot. Nice guy don’t get me wrong, but just refuses to spend money on maintenance and stuff.

Is this how you speak of me?

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
No Josh. Believe it or not the guy I’m referring to is an even bigger idiot then you. Lol

carl.swoyer

Jan 31, 2016
I had to take a quick trip not realizing I had only a few percent on my fuel filter life left. I am now down to 1 % left. Will I be okay? I will probably put about 600 miles on before I get home. I always change my own filters and don’t feel like paying $100 plus/ hr to have it changed. Will it cause a limp mode or worse?
You will be fine. Change it when you get home

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

chevor

Highway hauler.
Sep 17, 2015
On the Road
you can reset that life gauge 3 or 4 times. It will reduce power soon if it suddenly drops to Zero after the reset.