LB7: 4 wheel light

Rod in MN

May 7, 2009
Central Minn.
Hi I have a 2002 2500HD and the 4 wheel drive service light will on just driving on the hwy. Any idles on the light.

Also my door remotes will not work but new batteries in both of them I did the reprograming of both.

I also have a Astro Start was on it when I got it. Had it fixed 5 fears ago and now that will not work new batteries in that remote. Any ideas

Thanks
Rod in MN

Rod in MN

May 7, 2009
Central Minn.
HI Has anyone had it were the door remote does not work I have replaced the batters In both remotes. Have tried reprogramed them and will not work. It not fun when the FOBs do not work

Has Anyone had problems with them.

Also the one for my remote will not work replace batters Any ides on both of these Problems with there remotes ???

Thank you
Rod in MN

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I am not familiar with the 2001-2002 wiring, but I do know it was a lot more complex & flaky than the 2003+ wiring. I tend to shy away from them for that reason.

Since it has an aftermarket start module on it, I would start looking there. If they uses the scotch lock wire taps, it can cut the wires, and cause everything to quit working. I'd start by checking all of those, but really, it can be hard to see visually if it damaged the truck wires.

Maybe someone more familiar with the 01-02 will have some ideas.

Rod in MN

May 7, 2009
Central Minn.
Hi, I unhooked the remote start and the Edge Chip that is on it and still nothing. The remote start Fobs nether one would checked the fuses are ok.

I notes the Temp. on the inside rear view mirror comes on then of checked the plug on back of the mirror. I'm out of ideas

The next problem is when it rains the trailer brake controller will show short to ground with anything plugged in the 7 pin or with a trailer plugged in controller will still say short to ground. The controller is a Tekonsha P3 part # 90165 was put in 6/10/11. I did check all the concoction at the rear of the truck , I think it some place between the cab and box rain will run down the front of the box have not dropped the tank to look.????

Thank You
Rod in MN