4.67 @ 164.71 1/8 mile Time slip .

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
ok went and cleaned out the trailer and found the time slip from the NHRA Div 4 event a few months ago . This pass was far from perfect , and not running much nitrous. I did not push the car past the 1/8 mile , we wanted to get a good amount of data so as not to hurt a motor. The next 2 passes had minor problems and did not result is good times . This pass left the line with the wheels 18 inches in the air and carried this for 100 feet.

The car is responding well and we are turning 6200+ rpms with no problems

We have two opportunity's left this year to become the first duramax in the 6's and we are working hard to get there . I expect this car to 2.20 to 2.30 back half . There is a lot left in the front half of the track as well . the total nitrous load was 8 . 038 jets that is a total of a .097 total jet .

Want to think my guys that have helps , and epically Chris Bydan ( Joe SixPack for the hundreds of hours tuning this thing over the internet on team viewer

here is also a picture of the pass
CCI11132015_00000_zpsw1bfnpc9.jpg

noble%20time%20slip1%20_zpse3udl4ri.jpeg

here is the results from Saturday , there was no track , here is the video and data log

https://www.facebook.com/tyler.s.douglas/videos/830129300440103/

rpmdata%20%202_zpsquocp9dk.jpg

Last edited:

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
Not sure on how to make out the numbers you have written on the side of the silp but the 1.037 60' is nice but egt #7 looks to be working over time might want to check that out

Spray and pray keep at it :thumb:

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
# 7 EGT is a bad probe, I have not got around to changing it , The rail pressure sensor is messed up as well when we went over 2300 bar it left the building. Exergy sent me a new pair of them , I put one for the ECM and the other is still needing to be installed.

the numbers were something I put on there to remember to enter the data in the Data log book

the number between the 60 ft and 330 is a split, You have to keep good records and keep your incremental and your splits , will let you know how you are doing on each part of the track.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Pretty sure the pic u uploaded says October 9-11 2015 in the top right, right? I know that pic has been in your sig longer than that:confused:

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
Pretty sure the pic u uploaded says October 9-11 2015 in the top right, right? I know that pic has been in your sig longer than that:confused:

your thinking about this one . This was Dallas the year before when I raced john, he was in the other lane in that picture

GregHogue-diesel-dragster_zps0bf766d7.jpg

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Numbers dont add up

When you run a full pass with legit numbers I will be the first to say good job just like I did Wade. The early numbers don't add up. I run a 3.083 at 330' 4.716 1/8 at 150.88 mph.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
When you run a full pass with legit numbers I will be the first to say good job just like I did Wade. The early numbers don't add up. I run a 3.083 at 330' 4.716 1/8 at 150.88 mph.

And? Our door car ran 4.90's 1/8th mile times at 154, can't recall what the 330 was, but it was doing 1.02 or so 60 tripping with the rear tires.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
We expect sub 1 second 60 foot and 4.30s. Once we get it all lined out. The car is the lightest diesel drag car out there and it has a iron block.. sub 2000 lbs with a 200 lb driver. .

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
I would only say 3 feet , till the body got it. The car pulls hard. And about 200 feet out it really started to take off. I really wanted to run it to the strip, and wished i did , but I was being cautious. I thought i had two more good hits but a boost control line melted on the up pipe on Q2 and the a bad relay turned off my lift pump on Q3. There are a thousand ways to lose and one to make a perfict pass. Finding all of the wrong ways first. This is exactly the same car and most I have had for 4 years . The only changes this year was Exergy 375 injectors which are 3 time bigger the the old ones and Exergy 12 mm pumps. Plus the Nira ECM . And Chris tuning.

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
You must have some serious quality control issues if the car can't make multiple passes under power without something breaking, melting, or otherwise failing.

Perhaps if you went with a more traditional style build you wouldn't be having these issues. How much power is this engine making again?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
You must have some serious quality control issues if the car can't make multiple passes under power without something breaking, melting, or otherwise failing.

Perhaps if you went with a more traditional style build you wouldn't be having these issues. How much power is this engine making again?
It is true that he may have less problems with a normal build, but I actually like that he is trying something different, even when it breaks.

If you do the same thing that is already shown to work, it is not as interesting as something new. If he ever dials this thing in and keeps it together, it will be pretty interesting to see, and open up some new options in performance parts. A high-RPM low rotating mass Duramax is a neat concept. I'm following along to see if it ever stays together.

COMP461

Diesel Pro
Apr 29, 2008
Aledo Texas
My intent on this car was to think outside the box we weren't doing something normal we were doing something to be the fastest. The car has remained the same for the last 4 years the problems we had was with the factory ECM. last year at the PRI show Jesse bulb of the EFI live told us that the ECM was not capable of doing the acceleration rates we were trying and that the ECM could lose its mind at any time. The next week I ordered a NIRA ECM. Chris (JoeSixPac) has many many hours in tuning this car. Once we got the car running we started finding the small weakness that we had over looked like the belt drive. Once we fix the belt drive other little thing popped up. During one of our first test sessions we inadvertently turned on a nitrous system and damage a piston in the motor. It took awhile to get the motor back together and in the car and ready to go back to test again.

All in all we're pretty proud of the performance the car has achieved.