2010 LMM delete time, allegedly!

JIMBALLS

Jul 18, 2017
Tampa
I have a few questions about the LMM egr delete kits out there. Its a bone stock cc/sb. The truck sits at idle A LOT which seems to clog the dpf or something until I run the interstate for a while. Sometimes I get the clean exhaust filter message. A lot of the time it will sound like the motor is knocking until I run the interstate for a while, even without the message. EGR code is always on, so I wonder if its sticking and causing these issues. Now on to the kits out there. Its a work truck, not racing anyone. don't need the stage 5 tune, just want a little more power and better fuel economy. It seems like Sinister is the most available egr kit, but I'm not sure which one to do. The one without the intake tube says you don't need anything else to do the job, but everything I see says you need the LB7 up pipe. Looks like the kit with the intake tube, you do have to have the up pipe. How much difference is there in the performance of the block off and the full delete? I would also appreciate some input on the exhaust/dpf delete. Is Flo-Pro any good? Again I don't need racing exhaust but would like to get better mileage. I have a limited budget so links to good deals or recommended vendors would be appreciated. Ive seen a few tuners names on some threads, but not sure of their companies. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

melms23

Jul 30, 2011
WI
blocker plate and dpf delete pipe is all you really need. Leaving the egr in and using a blocker plate allows to leave the up pipe alone, and as long as you get a good seal, it will last.

DPF delete pipe takes the place of the filter and burner, using most of the factory exhaust and bolts in using factory flanges.

That's the cheapest option. Pm me if you need a blocker plate, I have one I never used.

Edit: if your egr is already plugged you will likely need to fully remove it for best performance.

JIMBALLS

Jul 18, 2017
Tampa
It's at 176000mi and blowing a lot of Black smoke. I'm guessing it's pretty clogged up. That's why I'm leaning toward the complete kit. I've read about problems with the boost blowing out an elbow. I also read that sinister beefed up the design to stop this. Not sure what's right, or If there Is a better kit without that problem, or just get the strap.

mtdirtbag

Apr 6, 2015
Just received my ProFab delete pipe and blocker plate yesterday. Looks like quality pieces and a LOT less expensive than the Sinister unit. profabperformance.com Will install along with his downpipe and LBZ mouthpiece install kit for my 2004.5 LLY when we pull the turbo to de-coke the vanes.

JIMBALLS

Jul 18, 2017
Tampa
I've been looking at the profab kit also. Did you get everything you needed with that kit. If the kit and up pipe are all I need I think that's a way better deal. I was confusing sinister's bloker plate and kit prices. Where did you guys get your EFI Live? Also did the vendor do the tunes, or do you buy it and have to send it to someone? Who's the best tuner?

Tothemax

xgmtech
Oct 16, 2014
new york
I've been looking at the profab kit also. Did you get everything you needed with that kit. If the kit and up pipe are all I need I think that's a way better deal. I was confusing sinister's bloker plate and kit prices. Where did you guys get your EFI Live? Also did the vendor do the tunes, or do you buy it and have to send it to someone? Who's the best tuner?

danville

06gmc

Loud and Heavy
Jun 24, 2017
SWMO
I'd replace the up pipe while in the middle of it. if not you could crack it 6 months after like me :thumb:

JIMBALLS

Jul 18, 2017
Tampa
The prof up pipe looks like a good deal too. Still looking for dpf delete pipe. Any suggestions on brands/ deals?

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
The prof up pipe looks like a good deal too. Still looking for dpf delete pipe. Any suggestions on brands/ deals?

HSP diesel is another great option. I am running there stuff now and the fit and finish is fantastic. I ran a profab egr delete and uppipes before my current setup and had very good luck with them too.

JIMBALLS

Jul 18, 2017
Tampa
I have it down to pro fab EGR delete pipe, FLO-PRO 834nm exhaust, lb7 up pipe from ebay, and EFI Live from PPEI. I plan on ordering everything tonight, but i have a question. With the profab pipe will i need to take off anything that would require other gaskets, like manifolds or turbo? I want to have everything together before i get started. Also, if anyone knows the hose size for the cooler, that would be appreciated.