2008 GMC Sierra Duramax - Reduced Engine Power

jcsabolt2

2008 GMC Sierra 6.6L LMM
Nov 29, 2016
Ohio
I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 6.6L Duramax/Allison I bought used back in March 2016. It has been a great truck with zero issues. A few weeks ago it threw P2033 Exhaust Temperature Sensor code according to AutoZone. My fuel filter was about 22% remaining at that time. I dropped to 18% fuel filter life remaining and began to get the "Reduced Engine Power" prompt and dropping from 70mph to about 50mph on the interstate. I had the fuel filter changed out by a local shop I have used for every other vehicle I have owned. They are not diesel experts, but very good mechanics on everything else. I pull out of the lot right after closing and have near zero power, my foot is on the floor. I parked the truck, made sure the fuel filter sensor had been reset to 100%, it was, waited several minutes and fired it back up and off I went. About 4-5 minutes later "Reduced Engine Power" again. I pull into AutoZone and they pull the codes:

P2033 Exhaust Temperature 2 (EGT-2) Circuit High Voltage
P2463 Diesel Particulate Filter Restriction - Soot Accumulation
P244B Diesel Particulate Filter Differential Pressure Too High Bank 1

I average 15.8mpg and 90% of my driving is interstate and I have about 75K miles on the truck and to my knowledge it is 100% stock with no modifications of any type. Any ideas before I have to drop it off at the dealership?

Cutting the power on a vehicle is just stupid in my opinion. That's a good way to get someone killed in a hurry.

BTW...I'm no mechanic and don't spend my weekends in a garage so Keep It Simple. Thanks!