2002 all on mod help

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Ok so i went and bought the two 1n4004 diodes from radio shack thinking i was going to come home and do this mod. Well turns out the pictures and threads i was reading on here must show for newer trucks and mine was thus different than the pictures. Does anyone have a picture or diagram they could show me on where to run the diodes? Will this switch lows and highs on at the same time when the high beams are on? And one last thing I have a button next to my heat/ac controls that says AUX LAMPS and it doesnt do anything from what i got from it. i push the button in and a yellow light lights up but if i let off it the light goes out! :confused:

Righteyeblind

Aug 29, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
For the all on mod on an 02 you have to ground out the yellow wire that goes in th back of the bulb. I just cut mine and ground it to the inner fender. This takes care or high/low same time.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Arent you supposed to ground that yellow wire under the fusebox or doesnt it matter?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Arent you supposed to ground that yellow wire under the fusebox or doesnt it matter?

Been runnin mine with the grounded yellow wire on my driver side headlight for the last three years. No issues yet

does anyone know anything about my aux lamp button by chance?

Well its not foe the fogs as that switch is on the left side of the steering wheel. Maybe something after market?

DeMax LB7

Bowtie Child
Dec 11, 2011
Rice Lake,WI
that aux lamp is for snow plow package. its made so you can run your snow plow lights off that. IIRC. My last truck had that.:thumb:

Rosscup

Jul 2, 2009
thats what i did is ground the yellow wire under the box...no problems for a year now