20"s

Darin13

Oct 6, 2009
NY
i really cant decide on tires or a size i just want a/t e load tire for stock height truck that will fill out the wheel wells without rubbing

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
gonna be a little hard to find in a small tire on a rim that big.

try terra grapplers they make them in a crap load of sizes. BTW before you spend mucho dinero on e rated tires check the load rating of the rims. i bet its less then you think

farky

DIRT POOR FARM BOY
Jan 14, 2010
Leesburg, Ohio
comparing the same height between 18 and 20, the 18 will ride a little better. as far as fitting them on stock height, you will need a +20 or +25 offset with proly no more than a 285. maybe a 285/65??......otherwise you better be handy with a sawzall;)

Last edited:

farky

DIRT POOR FARM BOY
Jan 14, 2010
Leesburg, Ohio
i dont know.........thats a 34" tire. it might work with a +25 but i would think you would have to either crank your bars a few turns or trim just a bit...

Sam

Mar 31, 2010
Midland, TX
Hey man, for what it's worth i've been doing quite a bit of research on wheels and tires and what'll fit, what wont. I think I'm gonna end up going with a 22x9.5 rockstar, it's an 18mm offset, where stock is 20mm.

As for tire, I'm gonna go with the nitto trail grappler 305/45/22
exact dimensions on the tire are 32.68" diameter (basically 33's) 11.89 wide. I'll be getting my truck leveled before I put them on, but I don't expect any clearance issues.

I love nitto's site because you can see the exact dimensions of the tires. If youre gonna go 20x10 you'll have a lot more options for tire than i will with the 22, but the cool thing about the terra grapplers is that you can get a heavy load rating!

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp
here's a GREAT tool for comparing tire sizes, with wheel sizes etc. I recommend setting your vehicle and selecting your stock size, go outside and turn your truck to full lock and see how much room your working with, need a bit of room to allow for bumps and such at full lock, but you'll get a general idea of what you can fit under there.

hope i've been some help, good luck!

Last edited:

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
Hey man, for what it's worth i've been doing quite a bit of research on wheels and tires and what'll fit, what wont. I think I'm gonna end up going with a 22x9.5 rockstar, it's an 18mm offset, where stock is 20mm.

As for tire, I'm gonna go with the nitto trail grappler 305/45/22
exact dimensions on the tire are 32.68" diameter (basically 33's) 11.89 wide. I'll be getting my truck leveled before I put them on, but I don't expect any clearance issues.

I love nitto's site because you can see the exact dimensions of the tires. If youre gonna go 20x10 you'll have a lot more options for tire than i will with the 22, but the cool thing about the terra grapplers is that you can get a heavy load rating!

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp
here's a GREAT tool for comparing tire sizes, with wheel sizes etc. I recommend setting your vehicle and selecting your stock size, go outside and turn your truck to full lock and see how much room your working with, need a bit of room to allow for bumps and such at full lock, but you'll get a general idea of what you can fit under there.

hope i've been some help, good luck!

Ill go ahead and tell ya a 305 45 22 with a leveling kit is almost to much imop. that size tire is not that tall and your right it will not scrub but the fender will be about a foot and a half from the tire which looks like shit if you ask me. The fenderwells suck on these trucks and i think the tire almost has to scrub in order for it to halfway fill up the fender and look good. :thumb: