20 inch wheels back spacing

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
okay guys ive been looking at getting eagle 114's lately. ill be ordering them soon and need some help on the fitment aspects of them. on a 20 inch wheel, ive got three options on backspacing and offset. 20x10 with 4.625 BS and -21mm offset, 20x8.5 with 4.648 BS and -1mm offset, and finally a 20x8.5 with 5.475 BS and +20mm offset. if i can get by without a leveling kit i want 305/55/20 but i think im gonna have to settle for the 305/50/20. when its all said and done id like to have the tires even with the fender flares. so guys some input from you on which would be best for me would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
To get them even with the flares you would have to go with the 5.475bs and +offset...a "-" offset will make them stick out.

I can't comment on fitment as I don't have 20's. If my 18's ever come in (on back order for over a month...and still longer now) I could tell you some more info. They have a 5.24 bs and I wanted them to sit flush with the flares...can't stand tires sticking out.

Some manufacturers will have a designation, AR was an "A" after the part number, to show what will work with stock flares on a stock-height truck.

Hope that helps.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Here's some more info to clear up the + and - offset...it confused me at first when ordering my rims.

+offset sets the wheel inside the fender farther, - offset sets the wheel outside the fender farther.
Offset reffers to the amount the center part of the wheel (hub mounting surface) is offset to the exact center of the rim. + is the distance towards the outside of the rim and - is the distance towards the inside, 0 would be exact center.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
i wouldnt mind if they stuck out like an inch though cause it looks kind of agressive ya know... but it seems on all these trucks that if its even with the fender flare on the the rear end, they will stick out about an inch up front which i wouldnt mind.... if i got tired with that look i could always get a 1 inch spacer for the rear