10.xx and 1000RWHP. It's What I Want 100% Any Takers?

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
That's right..I want to run a 10sec. run and dyno 1000RWHP. Yes I'm lifted, and that will NOT change, so no point in telling me to get rid of the lift. I have four 33" slicks for each corner so I think that will help me out a lot. I also have all the supporting mods to make this happen. When I weighed the truck with my 37's on it showed 6600lbs. with me in it. That's all dressed. The slicks with wheels are surprisingly light so I should be able to bring that weight down a bit. I'll also lose the tailgate and a battery.

Motor is completely built. Carrillo's, SoCal heads, push rods, cam, 100 over injectors, Dual CP3's etc. Turbo setup is MPI S366 over GT4718.

Who can I get to tune this to attain my goal of the above numbers? I don't want excuses, just results. I understand that having the truck logged, tuned, track tested, repeat, repeat is going to take time, but I am willing to make the time.

I also know that driver input plays a HUGE role in racing times, but I have litteraly hundreds of passes under my belt in this truck. Just not at that power level. But, I think I'll learn quickly ;)

Tuners, don't be shy to respond either:D

Nick

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I guess the first question is how far off are you now, or have you raced the truck yet? My truck made 1000+ hp and ran 10.7 at 130 at 6650 lbs and I ran a set of MPI twins a 4094 over a 5533. That was a 2009 build and it still running today. Do you plan on being legal, (ie safey equipment, roll bar, harnes, drive line loops, tranny scatter shield/blanket etc) or just make one pass in the 10's before you get booted? I assume you have a good tranny?

As far as tuners go, there are several good ones, Idaho Rob is a proven tuner and trucks live on his tunes. As I said he tuned mine and it still running strong going on 6 years. I drove it all over the country and canada and raced it. Sold it last summer to a fellow in Canada and it's still going strong.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
It's gunna take some suspension setup to get you there and I don't see crank height being an issue on the 33" slicks. I see it being attainable though

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I guess the first question is how far off are you now, or have you raced the truck yet? My truck made 1000+ hp and ran 10.7 at 130 at 6650 lbs and I ran a set of MPI twins a 4094 over a 5533. That was a 2009 build and it still running today. Do you plan on being legal, (ie safey equipment, roll bar, harnes, drive line loops, tranny scatter shield/blanket etc) or just make one pass in the 10's before you get booted? I assume you have a good tranny?

As far as tuners go, there are several good ones, Idaho Rob is a proven tuner and trucks live on his tunes. As I said he tuned mine and it still running strong going on 6 years. I drove it all over the country and canada and raced it. Sold it last summer to a fellow in Canada and it's still going strong.

Not a single pass with the truck yet, Ken lol! It'll only be ready at the end of May. Where I race up here they don't apply the rules to hard during T&T ( ask Ben, lol ) but to get to the point, I just want that 10 sec. For me. I won't be running in any sanctioned event.

Wow! A 5533?! That's a big hairdryer:D The tranny is built and I have a 1055 mated to it. Thinking about ordering a lockup box from Tony at DHD for shits and giggles.

There are a few guys up this way running Robs tuning. We are just a handful of guys that run big power like this and they all use him with great results. We're all friends..well, sorta lol We're VERY competitive and are all looking for that edge. Obviously if like the motor to live as long as possible, but with that kind of HP I know it's a ticking time bomb.

duramaxdiesel

Dmax Nut
Oct 23, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It's gunna take some suspension setup to get you there and I don't see crank height being an issue on the 33" slicks. I see it being attainable though

For sure, James. I'm going to tweak the suspension little by little with every few runs. I know this isn't going to be easy, but I, like you, think it's very attainable.

Nick

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Where I race up here they don't apply the rules to hard during T&T ( ask Ben, lol )

:roflmao:

Seriously! I remember there was one time when there was this (clearly drunk, he could barely figure out how to stage) guy in a stock BMW 3-series...he and I were the last race of the night before closing, I was on the outside lane. We both raced, and at the end of the strip, Im slowing down and waiting for him to slow and turn (since I was on the outside)....he doesnt even brake....just sails right past me and drives into the woods, Im not sure if anyone even saw him???

Ben

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You are going to have to get some sort of baseline runs in (with good video of launches) and proper logging done in order for us to have ANY input to help.

So, get your business done first.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
You biggest challenge is suspension. Everything else is attainable. That use to be a goal to have the fastest lifted truck in the country too. I have never seen one 60 good enough yet.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Not a single pass with the truck yet, Ken lol! It'll only be ready at the end of May. Where I race up here they don't apply the rules to hard during T&T ( ask Ben, lol ) but to get to the point, I just want that 10 sec. For me. I won't be running in any sanctioned event.

Wow! A 5533?! That's a big hairdryer:D The tranny is built and I have a 1055 mated to it. Thinking about ordering a lockup box from Tony at DHD for shits and giggles.

There are a few guys up this way running Robs tuning. We are just a handful of guys that run big power like this and they all use him with great results. We're all friends..well, sorta lol We're VERY competitive and are all looking for that edge. Obviously if like the motor to live as long as possible, but with that kind of HP I know it's a ticking time bomb.

That was/is a great compound turbo setup it's spooled quick and very streetable. I highly recommend you get a lock up box, I put one of Ben's in White Out it really helped my truck. Good luck will be watching to see how you do.:thumb:

Last edited:

CDR

Apr 19, 2009
You do realize going that fast with a lifted truck only increases the danger factor. If your serious about going fast why are you so dead set about keeping it lifted? You can make all the horsepower in the world and if the truck doesn't hook and go down the track smooth it won't get you in the 13's!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
I saw a lifted ECSB run a 11.3 @ 122 back in the fall of 2010 at Atco, NJ
The guy was out of NH, had a stroker with 42/55 twins
Video is on YouTube called 1st run Dmax

wrcknkrw

Feb 21, 2008
roy ut
Matt Moon went 11.2 at 123 MPH at RMR. High elevation terrible DA track in Salt Lake. He was in his lifted full weight sled puller. If I remember it was on street tires as well. Better tires and lower DA track would be 10s.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Matt Moon went 11.2 at 123 MPH at RMR. High elevation terrible DA track in Salt Lake. He was in his lifted full weight sled puller. If I remember it was on street tires as well. Better tires and lower DA track would be 10s.

I remember that what ever happened to him? I remember asking him about his locker he said he had a poor man's locker just welded it. :eek::D