09 lmm new engine install no crank??

Khightower63

Jul 25, 2014
Just got done with putting a new engine in my 09 lmm, excited to start it so I jump in anddddd.....nothing!? No crank at all, jumped across starter and it started but died after a few seconds. There is not a underscore under the gear selection, the dash says service stabilitrac, service traction control, service trailer brake system. Tried putting my snap on scanner to check codes and it says no communication. Please help, thanks!

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Maybe missed a ground or two? I'd start with double checking all grounds. And the 2 big connectors on the drivers valve cover. Make sure no pins have been pushed in them. Same with pcm plug

Khightower63

Jul 25, 2014
I didn't unplug the tcm just laid it to the side, I have tried a tcm out of a different truck and nothing. I went over all grounds three times, I also never unplugged the ECM, as far as the two big connectors on the driver side valve cover, I've unplugged them multiple times but I will inspect the pins today. I read a forum from two years ago on here about a guy having the exact same issues after a motor swap, I pm'd him so now I'm crossing my fingers...thanks for the help!!

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
sounds like a ground issue. check all the grounds on the front sides of the block and make sure they are tight, or that you didn't miss one and its not making contact. where you cant communicate with the ECM that sounds like it.

Khightower63

Jul 25, 2014
Anyone know how to get ahold of 770JohnnyW? He had the same issue a couple years back after his build. I pm'd him but nothing

Frankin_truck

Nov 22, 2013
Make glow plug control module is plugged in. I had this problem with my lmm wouldn't crank without it plugged in