08 Duramax

slaghappy

NO SENCE MAKES SENCE!
Sep 9, 2015
Looking to buy an 08 Duramax. Anything bad about this year model besides the egr\dpf? I'm new to the diesel world and need some help.
Thanks

slaghappy

NO SENCE MAKES SENCE!
Sep 9, 2015
Ok, thanks Ron. Just haven't heard much on the lmm's. Figured they were pretty stout.

Pine

Oct 15, 2015
Jones County, MS
I have an 07.5 LMM and I've had VERY few problems with it, considering it has over 312,000 miles on it. My coolant does have an ever do slight leak. I have to add fluid about every 5-6 weeks. The only big problem that I've had was with breaking the factory tie rods. But other than that, I'm thoroughly satisfied and impressed that this model is as strong and durable as it has been.

dzimbric

Oct 21, 2015
Shallotte, NC
I have 165K on my '08. Lost a serpentine belt around 160K (my fault I should have changed it much earlier), rotted fuel lines ( I lived on the beach), corroded E brake cable (salt water issue again) and a gp addiction. I think I have replaced my #3 at least twice and its failed again.
But it pulls my trailer and gets 19 mpg and I like it.

Deuces1

Jul 9, 2014
@dzimbric which serpentine belt went on yours? I have an 08 LMM also with 115k on it and mines starting to squeal. More importantly, 19mpg though?!!?! Man I'm lucky if I freakin get 11mpg. Any suggestions that I can try to raise that number up some?? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk