Duramax Diesels Forum Truck of the Week
Old 01-05-2011, 01:49 PM
JUST RIPPIN' THRU

Truck: Basically,im here to

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKTMech View Post
This PIP has a calibration update for the DEF heater.... Did your dealer update your truck eh!
Sure did . We just keep towing them back .
Old 01-05-2011, 01:53 PM
JUST RIPPIN' THRU

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACKIN View Post
Why thank you!

I could have told you push the Onstar button and see what they recommend. Or call 24 HR roadside assistance.

Or better yet leave it in your dealers lot till he fixes it. I mean really cupcake if GM can't help you all we're gonna do is throw ideas at you like I did. If it's freezing up on you going down the road ,something you omitted, then put a generator in the back of the bed ,light it up and plug the extension cord off the oil pan heater (my suggestion) into it until GM figures it out.

Otherwise go jump off a bridge dumb dumb!
By your responses I'd say you havent even looked at one and dont know what you are yappin' about . We stopped running 01's in 02 .
Old 01-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Idiot with a wrench

Truck: '04 Sierra CCSB
Engine: LLZ
Transmission: Automatic

That blows, sorry your having trouble. 1-800-222-1020 im sure you know this number already!
The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever. Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to ‘Please Do Not Feed the Animals'. Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein

"I have a real hard time trusting anyone who would spend $40 million applying for a job that pays $400,000 a year". Pat McSwain.

If someone pulls out all the stops for you, should'nt that mean your done taking a bath...?

'04 CCSB ex-LB7 put out to pasture at 241,000, Repowered W/05 LLY, LBZ intake system, custom Allseason intake pipe, LML filter housing, LMM intercooler pipes, LBZ water pump, ARP head studs, Edge CTS gauging only, EFI Idiot tuning by me. Thanks to Mike L, All the McRats, PPE, Dan Grant, Guy Trip, Gasuout(johnny), LBZrocks(Jason), TheNeens(chris), Blackmamba(ruben).
Old 01-05-2011, 01:56 PM
JUST RIPPIN' THRU

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKTMech View Post
That blows, sorry your having trouble. 1-800-222-1020 im sure you know this number already!
I'd say this is by far the worst situation we have had with any new Duramax yet . I appreciate you keen attitude though .
Old 01-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Smell My Finger...

Truck: LESS AT THE MOMENT
Engine: Combustion
Transmission: Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKER View Post
Sure did . We just keep towing them back .
See now you know why I said you can't help him.

He's vague about his problem leaves out ALL the information and THEN when you give him the PROPER possible fix he tells you he already did it.

Instead of TELLING everyone whats going on, the corrective approaches or steps he's taken ALREADY he screws you around being a Joker. He's a dumb dumb.

It's like he's testing you.Attention whore must not be getting his fix elsewhere.
He's a Ford guy at heart.

01 Big Dually (Gone but not forgotten)
05 Fat-Boy (gets it done)
83 CJ7 (slug but cool)
07 Audi A4 ( I like German Girls they're HOT!!)

LIFES JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE IN HEAVEN SAFELY IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY,
BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS,
TOTALLY WORN OUT, SHOUTING,HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!
Old 01-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Gearhead

Engine: LMM
Transmission: Automatic

Here is what the Chevrolet.com site says about DEF freezing (apparenlty they were wrong):

Q. Will DEF freeze?

A.
Yes, DEF will freeze—at approximately 12ºF. If DEF is frozen, the vehicle will start as it always has. As soon as the vehicle is started, the DEF tank and lines are electrically heated to ensure adequate DEF delivery in cold weather. The DEF thaws with no degradation. Remember, since this system was designed to operate in cold weather, there is no impact on cold-weather engine operation.
Q. Does DEF expand when it freezes and if so, how does it impact the tank?
A.

Yes, DEF expands when it freezes. The vehicle’s DEF tank and all DEF packaging is designed to accommodate any expansion that may result from being frozen.
Q. C an a freeze-point improver be added to the DEF to keep it from freezing?
A.

No, doing so would alter the DEF mixture balance potentially triggering an “EXHAUST FLUID QUALITY POOR” DIC message.

Here is what Fleetguard says about DEF freezing.

Q. What is the freeze point of DEF?
A. A 32.5% solution of DEF will begin to crystallize and freeze at 11 deg F. At 32.5%, both the urea and water will freeze at the same rate, ensuring that the fluid does not become diluted or over concentrated.
Q. With a freezing temperature of 11 deg F or -11 deg C, what happens to the
operation of the vehicle if the DEF freezes?
A. If the DEF freezes, it will not inhibit the operator from starting the vehicle. DEF
thaws quickly once you start the vehicle.

Factory stock.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:14 PM
JUST RIPPIN' THRU

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACKIN View Post
See now you know why I said you can't help him.

He's vague about his problem leaves out ALL the information and THEN when you give him the PROPER possible fix he tells you he already did it.

Instead of TELLING everyone whats going on, the corrective approaches or steps he's taken ALREADY he screws you around being a Joker. He's a dumb dumb.

It's like he's testing you.Attention whore must not be getting his fix elsewhere.
He's a Ford guy at heart.

I see ya still pissed since ya got called out on the free parts carpet with your boss Diesel Place Nick , how did he work out for ya .

Best thing for short guys like you is to stay in your own 2001 threads , since you have nothing to add in a 2011 thread .
Old 01-06-2011, 05:44 AM
Smell My Finger...

Truck: LESS AT THE MOMENT
Engine: Combustion
Transmission: Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKER View Post
I see ya still pissed since ya got called out on the free parts carpet with your boss Diesel Place Nick , how did he work out for ya .

Best thing for short guys like you is to stay in your own 2001 threads , since you have nothing to add in a 2011 thread .
Nah not at all. How did it work out? Not so good but I don't blame Nick I blame Baby Boy for the sell out but who cares.Free parts? I dunno where that comes from still today as I was never the recepitent of free parts except a Quad box. But I was a guinea pig and went through alot of bullshit with it.

I'm just busting your chops ,I have nuttin better to do!

But your right I really don't know much about the 2011's,yet as many others. I did post a PDF here about the system somewhere with a little information.

I really do like the new GM trucks and would like to own one but I cannot justify the purchase I don't really need one. Old Black Beauty still looks new and is running great!

Good luck finding a fix ,eventually GM will figure it out so mean while buy a Dodge. I'll see you around cupcake ready to sling some poop your way you big Phoney! When are you going to start posting up pictures of Odometers?

01 Big Dually (Gone but not forgotten)
05 Fat-Boy (gets it done)
83 CJ7 (slug but cool)
07 Audi A4 ( I like German Girls they're HOT!!)

LIFES JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE IN HEAVEN SAFELY IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY,
BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS,
TOTALLY WORN OUT, SHOUTING,HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!